Monday 10 September 2012

Why not just run?


Hope everyone had a great weekend.  I had an amazing run on Saturday night.  My new furthest distance ever, 18K.  It was an amazing evening for a run, sunny but nice and cool.

Big thanks to my Sister @jennyhartigan14 for meeting me at km 9 with hydration and a jacket.  Another big thanks to @inkdgirl55 for suggesting Nuun.  This was my first time using it, and I loved it.  My goal was to stick to a 6:30 min/km pace for the entire thing. I almost did it, stupid road traffic.

My 18K Run

I love when my Garmin does this!  Yeah, I think I'll accept that!

Over the last year and a half, I've realized that there is something inside of you and unless you are willing to push yourself, you'll never realize it's there.  Over the winter I started attending Adrenaline Xtreme Fitness after going though a really crappy time in my life.  Danielle the trainer kept telling me, just come out, blow off some steam.  So after a couple weeks of thinking about it, I decide to go to a class.  WOW, this is no joke.  People told me it was insane (but awesome).  Nervous as all hell, I show up to class #1, right away I notice something, there's teenagers, old people, fitness junkies, and well lets just say "not fitness junkies".  Everyone is really welcoming.  So the class starts and I want to DIE, and then I hear Danielle say "Great warm up guys".  WTF, that was the warm up?  What have I gotten into here.  I make it through the class with out puking, barely!  I go home and realize I'm hooked.  Danielle is amazing, she has pushed me further than I would have ever thought possible.  Over the winter and into the spring I keep going, and you know what happened?  My PB for 5K kept dropping.  Every time I ran I was getting faster, and faster with out wanting to die.  I wasn't out of breath at the end, but I ran faster!




So runners, don't forget to cross train!  Get into a bootcamp class!  And for the love of God, hit the hills! Happy Running!







SeanHarts on Twitter

In case you missed last Friday FITspiration

Follow AdrenalineXFit for work outs that you can do at home.  Warning : You will see changes in yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment